11/4/08

Gross content, read at your own risk.

Ok so before I begin let me throw out another warning, this post is full of bodily functions of the lovely flu, so read at your own risk, and you may not want to be eating. Also this post may be in random order, but whatever.

I have never really had the flu, but I know when I do get it I hate it.
I had the laparoscopy nissan surgery a few years ago, and I have not really thrown up since then.
Even in my morning sickness days the only 3 times I did throw up was because I was so hungry and ate so fast that it did a bounce back so it never really hurt to throw up.
I did get a flu shot this year.

I went babysitting on Wednesday and Cody was throwing up, so here I was trying to comfort a sick child, and help him puke up nothing. I didn't know what to do, so I call mom at 8:00 am her time and ask her for motherly advise. All I have to say is I am very thankful that I didn't have to clean up anything, it was all spit and bile, pretty much the same thing I can clean up from bandit.

Enter Friday, I was sitting here and I didn't feel very well so I went to the bathroom did my business and still felt like crap, so I told Dustun I was going to go lay down for a bit, I passed out asleep. Soon I woke up and yelled for dustun, I need a barf bucket, so he come in hands me a empty tote, and then I start throwing up, He was there trying not to breath in, pushing my bangs back and rubbing my back, Can I say if you have dairy in your stomach then you get sick, it is the worst hings to throw up, I literally thought I was going to die from a blocked throat because of it. usually for me once I get the first upchuck out of the way I feel better, well not so much, I passed out asleep again, only to be awakened by the evil flu monster.
I was in bed from 2 in the afternoon until 8:00 am then next day, The whole night I was running to the bathroom to have a BM or to throw up, I was trying my best to get hydrated, because I really didn't want to go to Labor and delivery.

Well I ended up going anyways. I was telling dustun about the amount of times and color and the consistency of everything, he was with up until I said it was my last BM was black, he goggled then handed me the phone and said call labor and delivery, I told them and she said, oh black is not good, come in now. (Crap) So I try to wash my face and try to brush my teeth and try to get dressed, but everything is so hard to do, I am hungry, Abigail is kicking me, I hurt and I tore a muscle. I was a mess.

We get to labor and delivery, they watch her heart beat for 30 min, she is good, and I am having no contractions, they make sure no amniotic fluids are leaking, my hydration level is good, they take my blood and do and bum examination to see if I still have black stool.

Black stool-Black, tarry stools with a foul odor can be the result of eating certain foods, taking iron supplements, or possibly from internal bleeding. If the black color is from blood, it is known as "melena." The dark color indicates that the blood has been in the body for some time, and is coming from higher up in the gastrointestinal tract.

Knowing that it could be from blood and I have not thrown up since my surgery I was nervous, but not as much as Dustun, since he sees NICU babies everyday, he was so scared that they were going to have to take her out and to some repair surgery on me. I stayed pretty calmed, after all if the damage is done worrying is not going to do anything but raise my blood pressure which puts pressure on Abby.

We wait for all the test to come back, so they can either tell us to go or stay. (poor dustun has been up since 2:00pm in the afternoon on Friday it is now 11:00am Saturday. We finally get home at 3:00pm dustun has to wake up at 4:30pm to work, until 7:00 am Sunday morning. so he had a total of 1 1/2 hours of sleep in 48 hours. Did I mention that I love you, thanks for everything.)

Well all the test came back normal, no blood which is good, so why was my stool black? well after being there and tested on the nurse said maybe the pepto bismol did it? I guess it must have been it, although it was in my system not even a half hour before it was back up in my empty tote. I wish she would have said that when I called her I would have went in if I had another black BM or if my throw up was bloody. Oh well peace of mind, and note to self don't take pepto anymore.

I feel better today, all though my back is killing me and my torn/pulled muscle hurts and I feel as if I have done a million sit ups.

I hope I don't get the flu bug again.

3 comments:

Josh & Stormie Tingey said...

thats goos u are feeling better. Everyone here had been sick but we have had sore throats and stuff. I'm glad the baby is ok. You have a great hubby there im sure he will make a great daddy aswell.

Karen said...

that really sucks. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. Matt had the same surgury as you. I hate when he gets sick. He dry heaves so bad...it scares me. I feel so bad for you guys. I'm glad your doing better though.

D said...

I was so freaking tired!!!!! I'm just so glad it was nothing serious. It was worth the loss of sleep to know that you and Abigail were alright :)

Love you!