BACON AND CHEESE QUICHE
HOME FRIED POTATOES
Bacon and Cheese Quiche Ingredients:
1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
1 Tablespoon butter
6 bacon slices, crumbled
1/2 pound sausage cooked and crumbled.
1 bag Italian blend shredded cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
2 cup heavy cream
¾ teaspoon salt
(I only had a 1 cup of heavy cream so to make up the other cup I mixed 1/3 cup melted butter with 3/4 cup milk)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread crust into pie plate or quiche plate. I used my 8x8 pyrex pan
2. Spread crust with butter. Sprinkle bacon, sausage and cheese on crust.
3. Beat eggs with rest of ingredients. Pour into crust.
4. Bake 15 minutes. Turn down to 325 degrees and bake 40 more min. Let stand 10 minutes.
(after reading online i should have put a tin foil "crown" around edges of crust so that way they wouldn't toast or burn)
Home Fried Potatoes Ingredients:
4 red potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring often, until soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
4. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the skillet and turn heat to medium-high.
5. Add potato slices salt, paprika and black pepper. I also had a Cajun seasoning so I added a little for some heat.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned.
7. Stir in the onions, green peppers and parsley and cook for another minute.